Assset Protection Agent
The ideal Asset Protection Agent prevents the loss of company property while maintaining a safe business environment. Supports store efforts in providing the best customer service within a controlled environment to support maximum sales at the highest profit rate attainable. Under general supervision and established procedures, the Asset Protection Agent detects and apprehends shoplifters and dishonest employees.
A day in the life…
- Maintain the general safety and security of customers, employees, and the store
- Respond to and report all store security and emergency situations
- Monitor and conduct surveillance of customer behavior for indicators of theft
- Conduct external and internal investigations utilizing available information to track, mitigate and resolve theft
- Monitor, conduct surveillance and educate store employees on indicators of Organized Retail Crime (ORC) activity, grab & runs and high impact theft
- Conduct investigations of fraudulent gift card and credit card activity
- Reduce and control loss of inventory through audits, training, and store awareness
- Recover stolen merchandise and apprehend individuals for theft and illegal activity while following all safety precautions
- Prepare and submit prompt and complete reports relative to all theft incidents, merchandise recoveries, accident investigations, audits, and other illegal activities,
- Monitor and interpret key performance indicators (KPIs) and exception-based reporting to help reduce loss, proactively identify trends, and root cause in high shrink locations
- Testify in court concerning any case, criminal or civil, wherein the company is a party of interest to which the Asset Protection Agent is summoned
You own this if you have…
- The ability to make, and be accountable for, decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Have solid verbal and written skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- A calm demeanor when dealing with safety issues, including dealing with individuals who engage in aggressive behavior
- Accountability, initiative, and a high level of ownership
- The ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs
- Meet any local licensing requirements
- Experience in investigative, asset protection and security procedures (preferred)
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2022 Nordstrom, Inc
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.